Self-Suspension Open Space
Sat, Aug 1 at 1:30pm
Come "hang out" with us! This is an Open Space style event focused on sharing knowledge, spotting for each other, and socializing. If you have basic rope skills and an interest in self-suspension, we'd love to see you :-).
- 1:30 - 2pm: Doors open for arrival (please try to arrive during this window)
- 2 - 2:15pm: Introductions, orientation to Open Space model, sessions scheduled (and feel free to start tying yourself up!)
- 2:15 - 5pm: Peer led sessions
- 5 - 5:30pm: Free play/"lab time" (we have the space until 6pm, so you're welcome to stay till then, we'll be taking down the points and such)
- Allergy warning – this space has cats!
- Feel free to bring food – snacks to share are especially appreciated!
- Bringing a water bottle is recommended :-)
- Parking is plentiful, safe, and free.
- The temperature can vary (there is neither heat nor air conditioning in this building). We recommend dressing in layers.
- With a nod to Ropecraft, we have a “responsible adult photography policy” for this event.
- At least 20 suspension points will be set up.
- Please bring your rope kit and a yoga mat (if you have/want one)
- All carabiners/hardware should be appropriately rated.
- Most folks wear leggings and nude or sports bra on top. You are welcome to wear whatever you are comfortable self-suspending in :-)
*Note that this is NOT a structured self-suspension 101 class – if you've never self-suspended but are interested in learning more, you are welcome to come, socialize, and practice along with floor work, but please don't expect that you'll be formally taught all the skills to put yourself in the air.*
Space is limited to 30 people to ensure that everyone gets lots of "air time." If you'd like to bring a non-suspending spotter, that's totally fine and you don't need to buy two tickets. We can provide reduced cost/free entry if needed, just write us to inquire. :-)
Please read our Code of Conduct and consent policy!