Bicycle Film Festival - Shenandoah Valley
Select Short Film Program
Available to stream March 19, 6pm (EST) - April 4, 2021
BFF Shenandoah Valley - Select Shorts Film Program
March 19 - April 4
Hosted by Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition.
The 20th Anniversary of Bicycle Film Festival is going virtual. Bicycle Film Festival has been celebrating bicycles through art, film and music the last 20 years. The physical BFF spanned the world in over 90 cities worldwide to an audience of over one million people.
How does the virtual Bicycle Film Festival work? A ticket allows you to view the 90-minute short film format from March 19th at 6:00pm EST through Sunday, April 4th at 11:59pm EST streamed to your computer, tablet, or smart TV by simply clicking on the link provided by email 15 minutes before opening date and time. Ticket prices are "sliding scale" so all ticket prices entitle you to the same content. You may view BFF in one sitting, or as you will, from the comfort and safety of your home.
A portion of all ticket sales supports Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition. SVB Coalition builds communities that are stronger, healthier, welcoming, and full of joy. We believe in the power of the bicycle to transform ourselves and our world.We believe that biking should be fun and change can be playful. Together, we are reclaiming our streets, trails, and public places for current and future generations of walkers and riders.
BFF Select Short Film Program appeals to a wide audience from film connoisseurs to avid cyclists and everything in between. The curated collection of select short films will take you on a journey around the world, covering such topics as:
- The first BMX crew in Nigeria
- A charismatic Ghanaian immigrant in Amsterdam who teaches refugee adult women to ride bikes
- The story of Marshall "Major" Taylor
- Cycle sport as relief from genocide
- A father (actor, Timothy Spall) copes with the loss of his son through cycling
- A bird’s-eye view of a BLM bicycle protest ride from New York to DC
- The struggle of a young woman and her bike in Iran
- Two women bring a town together through pizza and mountain biking