Bicycle Film Festival - Los Angeles
Select Short Film Program
Available to stream April 16 - 25, 2021
The 20th Anniversary of Bicycle Film Festival is going virtual!
BFF is arriving in Los Angeles virtually.
Available to stream April 16 - 25
Bicycle Film Festival has been celebrating bicycles through art, film and music for the last 20 years with over 90 cities worldwide and a viewer audience of 1 million and growing. The festival has an incredible history of working with the most important artists, filmmakers, venues, and institutions around the world.
BFF Select Shorts appeal to a wide audience from film connoisseurs to avid cyclists and everything in between. The curated collection of select short films will take you on a journey around the world, covering such topics as:
- The first BMX crew in Nigeria
- A charismatic Ghanaian immigrant in Amsterdam who teaches refugee adult women to ride bikes
- Two women who bring a small town together around mountain biking and their pizza shop
- The struggle of a young woman and her bike in Iran
- A portrait of Bike Rides For Black Lives
- A brief history of the bicycle
- A love between a father and his young BMX-rider son (produced by Lebron James)
- The story of Leo Rodgers
- Artist, designer, and BFF alum, Geoff McFetridge presents an insightful perspective on cycling
How does the virtual Bicycle Film Festival Los Angeles work? A ticket allows you to view the 90 minute short film format from Friday April 16 at 6:00pm PT through Sunday April 25 at 11:59pm PT streamed to your computer, tablet, or smart TV by simply clicking on the link provided by email 15 minutes before opening date and time. Ticket prices are "sliding scale" $10, $15, $20 so all ticket prices entitle you to the same content. You may view BFF in one sitting, or as you will, from the comfort and safety of your home.
Thank you to our friends LACBC. The LA County Bicycle Coalition announces the launch of the LA Rivers Challenge. Join LACBC during the entire month of June for our virtual challenge in place of our annual LA River Ride. Registration is now open!