Bicycle Film Festival - D.C. #2
Short Film Program
Available to stream May 14 - June 14, 2021
The 20th Anniversary of Bicycle Film Festival is going virtual! BFF is arriving back in Washington DC.
BFF Washington DC #2
May 14 - June 14
Hosted by Streets Calling Bike Club DC
A portion of all ticket sales goes to support Streets Calling Bike Club DC and Streets Calling Jr.'s afterschool program.
BFF Washington DC #2 is presenting an international selection of the most important short films from the BFF collection. A diverse curation of filmmaking styles: narratives, documentaries, international award-winning filmmakers, and emerging directors all share equal billing. See an authentic and raw glimpse into:
- Two women who bring a town together around mountain biking and their pizza shop
- A relationship in 3 minutes
- Cycling as a response to knife crime epidemic in London
- A love between a father and his young BMX-rider son (produced by Lebron James)
- A brief history of the bicycle
- The incredibly stunning and thrilling view of the annual Tour De Rwanda
- The story of Julian Molina, the beloved, full throttle one-legged cyclist
- First female BMX competition at a major sporting event
- A portrait of Bike Rides For Black Lives
- Access to education is opened up to young female students in Kenya after receiving bicycles
- and more!
Bicycle Film Festival has been celebrating bicycles through art, film, and music for the last 20 years with over 90 cities worldwide and a viewer audience of 1 million and growing. The festival has an incredible history of working with the most important artists, filmmakers, venues, and institutions around the world.
How does the virtual Bicycle Film Festival Washington DC #2 work? A ticket allows you to view the 90-minute short film followed by a panel discussion from Friday May 14 at 6:00pm ET through Monday June 14 at 11:59pm ET streamed to your computer, tablet, or smart TV by simply clicking on the link provided by email 15 minutes before opening date and time. Ticket prices are "sliding scale" $10, $15, $20 so all ticket prices entitle you to the same content. You may view BFF in one sitting, or as you will, from the comfort and safety of your home.