Bicycle Film Festival - CLEVERHOOD
Short Film Program
Available to Stream June 18th - 27th, 2021
The 20th Anniversary of Bicycle Film Festival is going virtual!
BFF and Cleverhood are coming together to present a free virtual screening of BFF Select Shorts for Cleverhood guests.
Premieres Friday, June 18 at 600pm ET
Available to stream: Jun 18 - 27, 2021
Hosted by Cleverhood
Based in Providence, Cleverhood makes distinctive outerwear for all-weather mobility. Our signature rain capes are popular in cities all over the world for biking or walking. We've always been supporters of smart, livable cities and the benefits of sustainable transportation. For every item sold we set aside 5% for the Cleverhood Fund and the support of advocates making a difference in the community.
Bicycle Film Festival has been celebrating bicycles through art, film and music for the last 20 years with over 90 cities worldwide and a viewer audience of 1 million and growing. The festival has an incredible history of working with the most important artists, filmmakers, venues, and institutions around the world.
BFF Select Shorts appeal to a wide audience from film connoisseurs to avid cyclists and everything in between. A diverse curation of filmmaking styles: narratives, documentaries, international award-winning filmmakers, and emerging directors all share equal billing.
This collection of select short films will take you on a journey around the world, covering such topics as:
• The first BMX crew in Nigeria
• A relationship in 3 minutes
• The story of road cycling legend and overall wonderful soul, Connie Carpenter
• A father (actor, Timothy Spall) copes with the loss of his son through cycling
• A charismatic Ghanaian immigrant in Amsterdam who teaches refugee adult women to ride bikes
• A bird's-eye view of a BLM bicycle protest ride in New York
• The struggle of a young woman and her bike in Iran
• Artist, designer, and BFF alum, Geoff McFetridge presents an insightful perspective on cycling
How does the virtual Bicycle Film Festival work? A ticket allows you to view the 90 minute short film format from Friday, Jun. 18 6:00pm ET through Sunday, Jun. 27 11:59pm ET streamed to your computer, tablet, or smart TV by simply clicking on the link provided by email 15 minutes before opening date and time. You may view BFF in one sitting, or as you will, from the comfort and safety of your home.