Bicycle Film Festival - Boston
Select Short Film Program
Available to Stream August 6 - August 15
The 20th Anniversary of Bicycle Film Festival is going virtual!
BFF is arriving in Boston virtually.
August 6 - 15
BFF Select Shorts appeal to a wide audience from film connoisseurs to avid cyclists and everything in between.
The curated collection of select short films will take you on a journey around the world, covering such topics as:
- Cycling as a response to knife crime epidemic in London
- Access to education is opened up to young female students in Kenya after receiving bicycles
- The struggle of a young woman and her bike in Iran
- A father (actor, Timothy Spall) copes with the loss of his son through cycling
- Cycle sport as relief from genocide
- The story of Julian Molina, the beloved, full-throttle one-legged cyclist
- Two women who bring a town together around mountain biking and their pizza shop
- A bird’s-eye view of a BLM bicycle protest ride from New York to DC
- A love between a father and his young BMX-rider son (produced by Lebron James)
- New York City through the lens of female bike messengers
- And more!
Bicycle Film Festival has been celebrating bicycles through art, film and music for the last 20 years with over 90 cities worldwide and a viewer audience of 1 million and growing. The festival has an incredible history of working with the most important artists, filmmakers, venues, and institutions around the world.
About Mass Bike:
MassBike's mission is to make bicycling an integral part of human-centered communities, policies, culture, and infrastructure.
How does the virtual Bicycle Film Festival Boston work?
A ticket allows you to view the 90 minute short film format from August 6, 6:00PM EDT through August 15, 11:59PM EDT streamed to your computer, tablet, or smart TV by simply clicking on the link provided by email 15 minutes before the opening date and time.
Ticket prices are "sliding scale" $10, $15, $20 so all ticket prices entitle you to the same content. You may view BFF in one sitting, or as you will, from the comfort and safety of your home.