Bicycle Film Festival - Asheville #3
Adventure Short Film Program
Available to Stream Feb 11 - Feb 22
Bicycle Film Festival is arriving back in Asheville!
BFF Asheville #3
February 11 - 22, 2022
Hosted by Asheville on Bikes
A portion of all ticket sales goes to support the work of Asheville on Bikes.
BFF Asheville #3 presents an adventures short film program featuring:
- A lone cyclist in Vancouver embarks on a 60 day tour at the height of the COVI-19 pandemic begins with empty streets and ends with a new reality
- A dreamy glimpse into three professional female mountain bikers reflecting on their willingness to sustain broken bones, concussions, and organ damages
- Former pro BMX rider Andrew Jackson rediscovers his love for cycling in Los Angeles
- Women in rural Malawi use a bicycle to help them return to school and build a better future for themselves and their daughters
- First-generation Mayan American, Mario Ordoñez-Calderón bikepacks through the Yucatan Peninsula to explore his cultural heritage
- A grueling 240 mile gravel road bicycle race traverses Minnesota's roads less traveled— all within 24 hours
- And many more….
About Bicycle Film Festival:
Bicycle Film Festival has been celebrating bicycles through art, film and music for the last 20 years with over 90 cities worldwide and a viewer audience of 1 million and growing. The festival has an incredible history of working with the most important artists, filmmakers, venues, and institutions around the world.
About Asheville on Bikes:
Asheville on Bikes is advocating for better biking and walking infrastructure in Asheville, NC and the surrounding Western North Carolina region. They cultivate the culture of urban and commuter cycling through advocacy & celebration. They are promoting cycling and its direct impact on the health of their community. The League of American Bicyclists has named Asheville on Bikes the 2020 Bicycle Advocacy Organization of the Year. A portion of all tickets sales will go to support Asheville on Bikes.
How does the virtual Bicycle Film Festival Asheville #3 work? A ticket allows you to view the 90 minute short film format from Feb. 11 at 6:00 PM ET, through Feb. 22, at 11:59 PM ET streamed to your computer, tablet, or smart TV by simply clicking on the link provided by email 15 minutes before opening date and time. Ticket prices are "sliding scale" $10, $15, $20 so all ticket prices entitle you to the same content. You may view BFF in one sitting, or as you will, from the comfort and safety of your home.