Bicycle Film Festival - Philadelphia #2
Cinematic Short Film Program
Available to Stream Feb. 11 - Feb. 22
Bicycle Film Festival is arriving back in Philadelphia!
BFF Philadelphia #2
Feb. 11 - 22
Hosted by Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia
A portion of all ticket sales will benefit Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia
BFF Philadelphia #2 presents an international selection of the most important short films from the BFF collection. A diverse curation of filmmaking styles: narratives, documentaries, international award-winning filmmakers, and emerging directors all share equal billing. See an authentic and raw glimpse into:
- A woman rides home alone
- A relationship in 3 minutes
- A rural migrant worker in China uses the bicycle to buy and collect styrofoam boxes (score by Nick Zinner of Yeah Yeah Yeahs)
- The story of Julian Molina, the beloved, full-throttle one-legged cyclist
- Dev Hynes (Blood Orange) first-person tour of New York City at night
- A portrait of Bike Rides For Black Lives
- Two women who bring a town together around mountain biking and their pizza shop
- Former pro BMX rider Andrew Jackson rediscovers his love for cycling in Los Angeles
- Women in rural Malawi use a bicycle to help them return to school and build a better future for themselves and their daughters
- A day in the life of a veteran turned weed delivery bike messenger during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic in New York City
- A grueling 240 mile gravel road bicycle race traverses Minnesota's roads less traveled— all within 24 hours
- and many more...
About Bicycle Film Festival: Bicycle Film Festival has been celebrating bicycles through art, film and music for the last 20 years with over 90 cities worldwide and a viewer audience of 1 million and growing. The festival has an incredible history of working with the most important artists, filmmakers, venues, and institutions around the world.
About Philly Bike Expo: Mark your calendars for October 29-30, 2022. The Philly Bike Expo celebrates the bicycle like no one else. Now in its 12th year, the Expo offers inspiration, information, and entertainment to cycling aficionados and novices alike. Held at the PA Convention Center, the Expo features exhibits by artisans and manufacturers from around the country and the world, demos, workshops, seminars and kids activities. Rides, food, and parties round out the fun-filled weekend. More info at https://phillybikeexpo.com
How does the virtual Bicycle Film Festival Philadelphia #2 work? A ticket allows you to view the 90 minute short film format from Friday, February 11 at 6:00 PM ET through to Sunday, February 22 at 11:59 PM ET streamed to your computer, tablet, or smart TV by simply clicking on the link provided by email 15 minutes before opening date and time. Ticket prices are "sliding scale" $10, $15, $20 so all ticket prices entitle you to the same content. You may view BFF in one sitting, or as you will, from the comfort and safety of your home.