Bicycle Film Festival - Ireland
Cinematic Short Film Program
Available to Stream Feb. 4 - Feb. 13
- All prices listed in US Dollars as sliding scale. All prices are the same program.
- Sliding scale in Pounds: £ 7.5, £ 11, £15
- Sliding scale in Eruos: € 9, € 13.50, € 18
Bicycle Film Festival is arriving in Ireland!
BFF Ireland - virtual
February 4 - 13
BFF Select Shorts appeal to a wide audience from film connoisseurs to avid cyclists and everything in between. The curated collection of select short films will take you on a journey around the world, covering such topics as:
- The first BMX crew in Nigeria
- UK's Jools Walker rediscovers her love of cycling and her desire to create space for young black woman like her
- The story of road cycling legend and overall wonderful soul, Connie Carpenter
- The struggle of a young woman and her bike in Iran
- A father (actor, Timothy Spall) copes with the loss of his son through cycling
- Cycle sport as relief from genocide
- A bird’s-eye view of a BLM bicycle protest ride from New York to DC
- A charismatic Ghanaian immigrant in Amsterdam who teaches refugee adult women to ride bikes
- and many more...
About Bicycle Film Festival
Bicycle Film Festival has been celebrating bicycles through art, film and music for the last 20 years with over 90 cities worldwide and a viewer audience of 1 million and growing. The festival has an incredible history of working with the most important artists, filmmakers, venues, and institutions around the world.
About Dublin Cycling Campaign
The Dublin Cycling Campaign is a group of voluntary local groups in the Dublin area who promote cycling and work with local government to bring about improved conditions for cyclists and greater recognition of the benefits of cycling in Dublin. Together with Cyclist.ie we lobby on national issues related to cycling, such as legislative changes and enforcement of road safety legislation. Through Cyclist.ie we are members of the European Cyclists’ Federation. Visit: Dublin Cycling Campaign
http://Cyclist.ie is the network of cycle campaigning and advocacy groups in Ireland. It comprises 30 campaigning groups from urban and rural areas, and includes community based Greenway Groups and Bicycle Festivals. http://Cyclist.ie's vision is for an Ireland with a cycle friendly culture, where everyone has a real choice to cycle and is encouraged to experience the joy, convenience, health and environmental benefits of cycling. http://Cyclist.ie is the member for Ireland of the European Cyclists' Federation. For more info see https://cyclist.ie/.
How does the virtual Bicycle Film Festival Ireland work? A ticket allows you to view the 90 minute short film format from Friday, February 4 at 6:00 PM GT through Sunday, February 13 at 11:59 PM GT streamed to your computer, tablet, or smart TV by simply clicking on the link provided by email 15 minutes before opening date and time. Ticket prices are "sliding scale" $10, $15, $20 (£ 7.5, £ 11, £15) (€ 9, € 13.50, € 18) so all ticket prices entitle you to the same content. You may view BFF in one sitting, or as you will, from the comfort and safety of your home.