Bicycle Film Festival Bucks County - Virtual
MOUNTAINS WE CLIMB Plus Short Films
Available to Stream April 30 - May 9
Bicycle Film Festival Bucks County - virtual
Hosted by Bike Works and Discover Doylestown
April 30 - May 9, 2022
BFF is coming virtually to Bucks County with a new selection of the most important international short films from the BFF collection. Narratives, documentaries, animations, award-winning directors, and emerging talents all sharing equal billing. Featuring:
MOUNTAINS WE CLIMB (USA, 21 min.) Directed by Ryan Canney
In 2019, Doylestown, Pennsylvania native and elite road cyclist, Chris Baccash had a best ever result at the Bucks County Classic Pro Cycling Race. He and his team looked forward to what the 2020 season could bring — racing the Leadville 100 at the top of the list. Four months later came a devastating brain cancer diagnosis, life-saving surgeries, and a global pandemic. In the midst of the adversity, Chris finds the key to climbing the mountain ahead.
Preceded by BFF Select Shorts. See a raw and authentic glimpse into:
• Kailey Kornhauser and fellow “fat cyclist” Marley Blonsky are on a mission to change the idea that people with larger bodies can't ride bikes
• A dreamy glimpse into three professional female mountain bikers reflecting on their willingness to sustain broken bones, concussions, and organ damages
• Women in rural Malawi use a bicycle to help them return to school and build a better future for themselves and their daughters
• A profile of Otis Hughes, the 73 year-old captain of the first black cycling teams, Brooklyn Red Caps, in Prospect Park
• A grueling 240 mile gravel road bicycle race traverses Minnesota's roads less traveled— all within 24 hours
• The life of a New York City food delivery worker during the COVID-19 endemic phase
How does the virtual Bicycle Film Festival Bucks County work? A ticket allows you to view the 90 minute short film format from April 30 at 6:00 PM ET through to May 9 at 11:59 PM ET streamed to your computer, tablet, or smart TV by simply clicking on the link provided by email 15 minutes before opening date and time. Ticket prices are $20. You may view BFF in one sitting, or as you will, from the comfort and safety of your home.
About Bicycle Film Festival: Bicycle Film Festival has been celebrating bicycles through art, film and music for the last 20 years with over 90 cities worldwide and a viewer audience of 1 million and growing. The festival has an incredible history of working with the most important artists, filmmakers, venues, and institutions around the world.