Program 2: Cinematic shorts
Bicycle Film Festival Sacramento Region - virtual
Available to stream May 8 - 31, 2022
This event has passed.
Program 2: Cinematic Shorts
A story driven and diverse curation of cinematic filmmaking styles: narrative, documentaries, musical, animation, and more.
Oscar nominated and award-winning shorts share equal billing with emerging new talent.
Cinematic Shorts features stories about:
- A man finds his stolen bicycle and it now belongs to a stranger (2021 Oscar Nomination)
- A day in the life of a veteran turned weed delivery bike messenger during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic in New York City
- Blaine Hunt’s underdog pursuit of the Paralympic Games
- A dreamy glimpse into three professional female mountain bikers reflecting on their willingness to sustain broken bones, concussions, and organ damages
- Blood Orange’s (Dev Hynes) first-person tour of New York City at night
- A profile of Otis Hughes, the 73 year-old captain of the first black cycling teams, Brooklyn Red Caps, in Prospect Park
- Nolan Ryan Trowe hasn’t been able to skateboard anymore since having a spinal cord injury
- A poetic journey through the Eastern Sierras of California on bicycles with artist, cyclist, and BFF friend, Geoff McFetridge
- The affrimation of Derius Matchewan Papatie’s courage in Rapid Lake, a First Nation reserve in Quebec
- ... and more!