Bicycle Film Festival - Santa Cruz
Select Short Film Program
Available to Stream from June 11th - 20th
The 20th Anniversary of Bicycle Film Festival is going virtual!
BFF is arriving in Santa Cruz, virtually, June 11 - 20, 2021.
Hosted by Community Bike Collective and Bike Santa Cruz County.
A portion of all ticket sales goes to support Community Bike Collective and Bike Santa Cruz County.
Bicycle Film Festival has been celebrating bicycles through art, film and music for the last 20 years with over 90 cities worldwide and a viewer audience of 1 million and growing. The festival has an incredible history of working with the most important artists, filmmakers, venues, and institutions around the world.
BFF Select Shorts appeal to a wide audience from film connoisseurs to avid cyclists and everything in between. The curated collection of select short films will take you on a journey around the world, covering such topics as:
- Santa Cruz artist and chef, Jim Denevan, creates land art by bicycle
- Ashley Lloyd Thompson, a surf shaper from Santa Cruz, California, traveled to Mexico with her husband and son in search of quiet surf breaks with fat bikes
- The first BMX crew in Nigeria
- A charismatic Ghanaian immigrant in Amsterdam who teaches refugee adult women to ride bikes
- A bird's-eye view of a BLM bicycle protest ride in New York
- New York City through the lens of female bike messengers
- Two women who bring a small town together around mountain biking and their pizza shop
- The struggle of a young woman and her bike in Iran
- and more!
ABOUT Community Bike Collective:
Community Bike Collective is an all volunteer nonprofit dedicated to improving the lives of kids, their families and our community. VISION: Through bicycling we foster a positive, safe, multigenerational norm that contributes to the health of our community and environment. MISSION: To provide access to quality bikes and dedicated people who will create a safe, healthy and happy community through positive biking experiences.
ABOUT Bike Santa Cruz County:
Bike Santa Cruz County promotes bicycling through advocacy, education, and community building. Our goal is for people of all ages and abilities to feel comfortable using their bikes for daily trips.
How does the virtual Bicycle Film Festival Santa Cruz work? A ticket allows you to view the 90 minute short film format from Friday June 11 at 6:00pm PT through Monday June 20 at 11:59pm PT streamed to your computer, tablet, or smart TV by simply clicking on the link provided by email 15 minutes before opening date and time. Ticket prices are "sliding scale" $10, $20, $30 so all ticket prices entitle you to the same content. You may view BFF in one sitting, or as you will, from the comfort and safety of your home.