Program 1: URBAN BIKE + CINEMATIC shorts
Available to stream December 23, 2022 - February 28, 2023
URBAN BIKE & CINEMATIC ⎮ 122min.
Oscar nominated and award-winning shorts share equal billing with emerging new talent. Curated with a diverse array of films that capture the spirit of street, youth, and messenger cultures from passionate cyclists in cities around the world.
Featuring stories about:
- How the first American to win a gold medal in road cycling at the 1984 Olympics changed spandex forever.
- A bicycle takeover and one of the United State's largest, most anticipated street riding events on the bikelife calendar attracting riders from the wheeling community worldwide.
- The story of Reza Alizadeh, a blind bicycle mechanic in Mashhad, Iran.
- A tribute to the career of Kevin Bolger aka Squid, a beloved bike messenger in New York since 1992.
- A man finds his stolen bicycle and it now belongs to a stranger (2021 Oscar Nomination & BFF GREATEST HIT).
- An inclusive alley cat for women and all underrepresented genders that is colder, harder, and more awesome.
- Two women find a space of their own in a male dominated bike life subculture in New York.
- A group of actors tour an original play by bicycle.
- The empty streets of London every night for four weeks during lockdown.
- A cyclist from New York City sees his hometown with new eyes.
- The inner streets of central Stockholm through a bicycle courier.
- A love letter to BMX by Craig Stevens, following his life in bikes around the world beginning in South Africa and culminating in New Zealand.
- and more!